Vegan Peach Tarte Tatin… delicious. You can use apple, pear or apricot for this tart if you don’t have fresh peaches (summer in Australia is the best with fresh peaches in season). The key to this is slow cooking the fruit. It’s a very simple recipe but you need about an hour for the best results.
Peach Tarte Tatin [Vegan]
- 5 peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar – caster, brown raw – whatever you have
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit – cute each half into about 6 more even slices.
- Place in your pan in a circular pattern and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on a very low heat for about 30-35 minutes until the peaches are super soft.
- Slide onto a baking dish and cover with puff pastry.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes 400ºF until the pastry is golden.
- Carefully invert onto your serving platter.
- This can be served hot or cold.