This beautiful green tart is the perfect way to use up that fresh produce! It's made with fresh peas and asparagus and has a slightly cheesy undertone. Enjoy bite after bite of savory goodness.
Pea and Asparagus Tart [Vegan]
- 1 11-ounce packet of puff pastry
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup of shelled peas, cooked
- A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Fresh chives or microgreens, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place your pastry on a baking tray.
- Drain and rinse the beans, add the garlic, nutritional yeast, water, and salt and blend into a smooth paste using a food processor or immersion blender. You may need to add a little more water to get it to a spreadable consistency. Add some finely chopped parsley, basil, or both and stir to combine.
- Spread the bean mix on the pastry, leaving a 1-centimeter crust.
- Arrange the asparagus on top of the bean mix and sprinkle the peas and walnuts on top
- Place in the oven for 30m or until the crust is golden brown and puffed up.
- Garnish with chives or microgreens and additional basil or parsley.