Made with parsnip, thyme, sunflower seeds, and hazelnuts, these grain-free and gluten-free crackers are so delicious and satisfying. They're great on their own, but even better when paired with your favorite dip or a cashew cheese spread. Simple enough to make, you will have some great healthy nutritious snacks ready in no time.
Parsnip and Thyme Grain-Free Crackers [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 390°F.
- Peel and grate parsnips, squeeze lemon juice over, add thyme, and set aside.
- Place the sunflower seeds and hazelnuts into a food processor, or high-speed blender, and process until blended into a fine crumb.
- Scrape into a bowl, add the flaxseed and sea salt, and whisk until combined.
- Add the parsnip mixture and, using your hands, mix until it just comes together into a dough.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle shape between two sheets of baking paper until about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into squares and transfer with the bottom baking paper onto a tray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, check on the crackers. The ones on the edges should be ready by now, so snap them off. If you like, you can separate the rest of the crackers, in order for them to to bake more evenly, and return them to the oven.
- Check every couple of minutes. It shouldn't take more than 5 more minutes for the rest to finish baking.
- Once ready, leave to cool down.
- Store in a fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.