Panzanella is a traditionally Tuscan salad made from bread and tomatoes. This super quick spring salad puts a slight spin on panzanella by adding strawberries, and millet to the mix. Fresh, easy-to-make, and hearty enough for a lunch or light supper, this salad is a perfect summer go-to.
Panzanella With Millet [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5/8 cup strawberries
- 2-3 slices gluten-free bread
- Mint (optional)
- Cook the millet according the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the millet is cooking, cut the bread in rough cubes. Heat a skillet, transfer the bread cubes in it, and roast them.
- Then slice the vegetables and the strawberries.
- Finally arrange everything in a big salad bowl and top with mint if you desire. For the dressing you can just drop a bit of olive oil, your favorite vinegar, or both.