Beets are actually one of the cheapest healthy ingredients that we can find. Hide it in these delicious protein bars and no one would ever guess that it's in there! These adorable bars are made out of almonds, beets, and natural sweeteners.
Paleo Hidden Veggie Protein Bars [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3.5 ounces sliced almonds or almond meal
- 1.7 ounces cooked beets, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons pea protein (see note)
- 2.5 ounces cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
- Add almonds, beetroot, protein, vanilla, and salt to the food processor. Blend.
- Add cocoa butter to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Put the mixture in the box that is covered with baking paper. Decorate with cocoa nibs.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes or refrigerate for few hours.
- Cut into smaller bars.
You can always make just pink bars without protein, just replace the pea protein with almond meal to get the right texture.