Thai cooking is carefully balanced to bring out all the different flavors in a dish. Their recipes are based on blending five basic flavors: salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and hot. You probably know Pad Thai as a rich, stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food or at casual local eateries. But have you ever tried a super healthy, zesty raw-vegan version of their most famous noodle dish? It's a wonderful, fresh combination of raw kelp noodles, crunchy fresh veggies and that distinctive sweet and tangy sauce.
Zesty Raw Pad Thai [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zesty Raw Pad Thai [Vegan]
- 1/2 package kelp or rice noodles
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 zucchini, spiralised
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red/yellow bell pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- sesame seeds
- lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chili
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp agave
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 handful of cashews
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
How to Prepare Zesty Raw Pad Thai [Vegan]
- Thinly slice all salad/veggie ingredients.
- Place noodles in hot water for 2 min and drain well.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Soak cashews in tamari sauce for 5 min. Lightly roast in a heated pan for 3-5 min.
- When ready to serve pour desired amount of dressing over the veggies along with noodles, and toss well. After plating add cilantro, sesame seeds, and lime wedges.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.