What's the best thing about these oven-fried pickles (other than being delicious)? They come together in just 25 minutes, meaning you can satisfy those cravings for crunchy snack foods in less time than it takes to drive to the nearest sports bar and order a basket. Whip 'em up just about any time because they're perfect for game day grazing, weekend snacking, and barbecues.
Oven-Fried Pickles With Garlic Paprika Aioli [Vegan]
For the Pickles:
- Olive oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 24-ounce jar sliced pickle chips (approximately 70-80 chips)
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat or all purpose
- 1/8 cup cornstarch, arrowroot powder, or tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups club soda
- 1/2 cup panko or regular breadcrumbs
- Truffle salt (optional)
For the Garlic-Paprika Aioli:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and spray a large baking sheet with olive or coconut oil spray; set aside.
- Prep the pickles by draining them and placing them on paper towels.
- While the pickles are drying, make the batter: whisk the flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and club soda in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Next, prep the crumbs: add panko/bread crumbs to a food processor with a blade attachment and mix on low for 1 minute; transfer to a clean bowl.
- Dip the pickles in the club soda-flour batter, then transfer to the bowl of crumbs and coat each pickle thoroughly.
- Transfer coated pickles to the prepared baking sheet and spray the tops with the oil spray. Bake for 10 minutes, flip the pickles, and bake for 5 minutes more.
- While the pickles bake, make the garlic-paprika aioli by combining the vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine and refrigerate until the pickles are done baking.
- Once the pickles are golden brown, remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with truffle salt, if desired, and serve warm with garlic-paprika aioli.
- Though best when fresh, store leftover pickles in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving leftovers, reheat in either the microwave or oven.