If you’re planning on making a green bean casserole, then you’ll want to make these ahead of time to adorn the top of your wonderful casserole creation! Crispy, crunchy, and tasty.
Oven-Dried Crispy Onions [Vegan]
- 2 onions
- sprinkle of your favorite salt-free all purpose seasoning
- Peel the onions and slice them crossways into rings about 1/4-1/2” thick.
- Separate and scatter them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.
- Bake on “WARM” setting until dried and crunchy, 5-6 hours, possibly longer if the ambient humidity in your house is high. Don’t get impatient and turn the heat up. They WILL burn and become bitter if cooked on too high of a temperature.
- That’s it! Pretty simple and so much healthier than the store-bought version. Store the onions in an airtight container, preferably with a silica gel packet to keep them crispy.