A pancake you can bake in the oven?! Yes, it's true! This is a single-serve pancake that doesn't require turning on the stove, oiling up the griddle or any tricky flipping techniques. Just stick it in the oven, wait a few minutes, and presto: pancake time!
Oven Baked Pancake AKA ‘Panbake’ [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- Rice milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 handful raspberries (or other berries you have on hand/are in season)
- Coconut oil for greasing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a small oven-safe dish with some coconut oil.*
- Place all the dry ingredients into a blender and blend it into a powdery mixture.
- Slowly add in rice milk to create a slightly liquid-y pancake batter (the chia seeds will soak up quite some moisture).
- Add in the berries by hand and pour mixture into the already greased dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is firm and starts to brown.
*You could leave out the greasing, so as to eat it straight of the dish, but the extra little bit of oil does improve the flavor.