Cinnamon Orange Pull-Apart Bread is citrusy sweet bread bursting with the flavors of Citrus and cinnamon. It has been kneaded with orange juice and has a tender crumb. The sugar at the base gets caramelized while baking, making the slices sweet and juicy.
Orange Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread [Vegan]
For the Dough
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- In a large bowl, mix together first four ingredients. Keep aside.
- Add sugar to warm water, Mix stir in yeast, cover and keep for 10 minutes. It should turn frothy.
- Add orange juice and vanilla extract to the yeast mixture.
- Add to the flour mix. Knead for 5-7 minutes to get a very smooth, slightly sticky and satiny dough.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Turn around once to coat evenly with oil. Cover and keep for 1 ½ hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Prepare filling while the dough is rising.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and ginger powder. Add candied orange peels.
- Grease one 8 x 4 inches (preferably nonstick) bread pan. Line the bottom with a parchment paper. This helps the bread to come out clean.
- Remove dough from the bowl to a floured counter. Roll out dough into 20 x 12 inches rectangle. If the dough is very sticky while rolling, dust with flour and keep rolling.
- Brush the rolled dough with oil. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on rolled dough.
- Starting with the long end, cut the dough into 5 strips from top to bottom. Stack these strips on top of one another and then cut the stack of strips into 6 equal squares.
- Place all the stacks of dough squares together end to end in the greased loaf pan. Cover and allow to rise for another hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360°F for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven after 10 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Cool on the rack. Serve warm.