We've bean thinking, and this salad is going to be a hard one to beet! It's an unusual combination of ingredients and flavors that work incredibly well together, making for a delicious, refreshing, and easy salad. Orange you glad it worked out that way?
Orange Bean and Beet Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Bean and Beet Salad [Vegan]
- 2 medium beets, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of capers, drained from their brine
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional (you may not need it from the briny-ness of the beans and capers)
How to Prepare Orange Bean and Beet Salad [Vegan]
- Cut up the beet, onion and dill. Mix them in a salad bowl with the beans and capers.
- Juice an orange and whisk in the cumin, salt, and pepper, if using any. Pour this over the veggies and toss.
- You can serve this salad immediately but I like to leave it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors mingle and the acid in the orange juice marinate the beans and beets.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.