This One Pot Creamy Vegan Tuscan Kale Pasta recipe is a delicious weeknight meal option for the entire family. Packed with bold, savory flavors, this recipe is the perfect vegan and dairy-free option that is made with a creamy base made from cashews and filled with a nice velvety texture from the kale and tomatoes. Your entire family is sure to love this meatless option! Super easy to make and complete in under 30 minutes.
One Pot Creamy Tuscan Kale Pasta [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 1 package Penne pasta, vegan-approved!
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Kale, fresh or frozen (See Notes!)
- 1 cup organic Grape tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cooking white wine, Vegan-approved!
For the Vegan Tuscan Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups Raw cashews, soaked overnight (See Notes!)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth + 1 tablespoon!
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of smoked paprika
- To begin, cook pasta according to packaging (adding 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil to water). **NOTE:
- Penne pasta doesn’t take a long time to cook, usually 8-10 minutes.**
- In the meantime, add the cashews, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice to a blender and blender on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Next, add in seasonings and blend again for a few seconds until combined.
- Once pasta has fully cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and wait until heated. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the kale and season with sea salt + black pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened and wilted.
- Add in tomatoes and continue to gently stir. Add the wine, reduce the heat, and simmer a bit more, about 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the cashew sauce from the blender and stir until fully incorporated. Lastly, add in the cooked pasta and fold everything together until is all coated and creamy.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast (if desired), and serve immediately!
- Enjoy with your favorite bread, salad, or cooked veggie.
- Bon Appetit!
STORAGE: Any leftovers can be kept in a tightly sealed container and refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. SOAKED CASHEWS: Add cashews to a bowl or measuring cup, cover with fresh cold water and cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp overnight. If soaking for 3-4 hours, add cashews to measuring cup and cover with boiling water instead. KALE: If preferred, you can always substitute Kale with Spinach.