This one-pan Thai macaroni is probably unlike any other mac you've had before. This dish is given its bright yellow color not from cheese but from curry paste. Along with mushrooms, onions, coconut milk, cilantro, peanuts, and lemon, this entrée is a mix of pad Thai and classic macaroni and cheese. Talk about delicious fusion.
One-Pan Thai Yellow Curry Macaroni [Vegan]
For the Macaroni:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 150 grams yellow Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 2 cups macaroni
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté well. Add mushroom and sauté again. Add salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add Thai yellow curry paste and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and stir well. Add macaroni and let it come to boil.
- Add curry powder and stir it until mixed well.
- Cover and cook until macaroni is cooked.
- Stir occasionally, and add some more water if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with lemon, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve.