Berry season, A.K.A the best season, is almost upon us! Berries are so versatile. Blueberry and lemon go so well together. Not only does lemon complement blueberries, but it also brings out more blueberry flavor. Which is obviously a good thing. Especially in baked goods where flavors can get lost. This loaf is incredibly moist, tender, and light. It bakes up SO nicely with the lightest crisp top. Swap out the blueberries for any berry you like. Raspberries or strawberries would be great here. But keep do use fresh berries. Stirring frozen berries into batter often discolors the batter. This One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Loaf is great as an afternoon snack with tea or as a dessert with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Loaf [Vegan]
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice The juice of about 1/2 a lemon. Be sure to zest it before you cut and squeeze it!
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Plain Unsweetened Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- The Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan and line with a parchment sling for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, oil, plant milk, yogurt, and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- Place a sifter on top of the bowl, being careful not to dip the bottom of the sifter into the liquid. To the sifter, add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Sift into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and gently spread out with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan to slice. Enjoy!