The olive oil chocolate banana cake is soft, moist, and chocolaty. It's a pretty simple recipe and tastes amazing. Just mix together all of the ingredients, put it in the oven, and voila! You have a delicious chocolate banana cake! If you have really ripe bananas and you're tired of banana bread, try making this cake!
Olive Oil Chocolate Banana Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe sweet bananas
- 3/4 cup warm plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar / boora sugar / brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 338°F. Grease and line one 9 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients (first six ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Take milk in a glass. Add vinegar, stir and let stand for 10 minutes. It will curdle.
- Puree the bananas in a blender.
- Add sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, and sugar and blend to get a smooth mixture.
- Add curdled milk and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange some banana slices on the top (optional)
- Bake for 55 minutes or till the cake shrinks from the sides and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Remove from the pan after 5 minutes. Cool on the rack. Slice the next day.