In this tart recipe, the combination of salty Kalamata olives, buttery artichoke hearts, sweet green peas, and creamy white bean cashew base is too delicious to pass up! Make your own no-fuss gluten-free crust using only 6 simple ingredients.The filling includes white beans and cashews, which provide much-needed protein and fiber to keep you full and energized as well several vitamins and minerals like folate, manganese, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc. Besides the amazing health benefits, these two magical ingredients help yield a smooth creamy base for the tart that complements the flaky crust perfectly.
Olive and Artichoke Tart With Buckwheat Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Buckwheat Crust:
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 7 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup cashews, preferably soaked
- 1 15-ounce can (1 3/4 cups) cooked white beans
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
For Topping and Assembly:
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- Handful of fresh dill, for garnish
To Make the Crust:
- Mix the ground flax seeds with water until fully absorbed and viscous. You can grind flax seeds in a spice or coffee grinder.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the flax seeds mixture and oil together. Then add coconut flour, buckwheat flour, and sea salt and mix until dough forms.
- Press into the prepared pie plate and gently pierce the pie crust with a fork few times and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
To Make the Filling:
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew-bean mixture onto the crust then top with peas, artichoke hearts, and olives.
- Bake for about 35 minutes at 400°F. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving and garnish with fresh dill.