These butternut squash tacos are an easy-to-make meal that is wonderful for any time of day. Made with avocado, hummus, Romaine lettuce, tender butternut squash, and lemon-tahini dressing, they are packed with all kinds of flavors and textures. You can eat these babies for breakfast and you’ll be full, satisfied, and energized all morning long. Whip them up for dinner when you're in the mood for Mexican but don't want greasy takeout. They’re even yummy when eaten cold!
Oil-Free Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Oil-Free Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos [Vegan]
For the Tacos:
- Roasted butternut squash
- Sprouted corn tortillas
- Lemon tahini dressing (recipe below)
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 dates, pitted and simmered in water for 10 minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
How to Prepare Oil-Free Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 345°F.
- Peel the squash with a sharp knife, scoop out the seeds, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the squash in a large bowl and toss with a generous amount of Lemon Tahini dressing and a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place the squash on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake for 80 minutes, until the squash is soft and slightly browned. About midway through cooking, take it out of the oven, turn with a spatula and then put back in the oven to finish cooking.
- Once you have the squash all ready, heat however many sprouted corn tortillas you want, spread some hummus on each one, top with the squash, add some avocado slices, and then top with romaine lettuce. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Butternut Squash
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1388 | Total Carbs: 166g | Total Fat: 76g | Total Protein: 37g | Total Sodium: 379mg | Total Sugar: 109gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.