This oil-free black bean hummus with oven-baked veggies makes a great go-to for snacks, lunches, and everything in between. Furthermore, you’d only need to add some raw salad for a complete meal as the hummus already contains some veggies and good fats. It is suitable for people looking for plant-based, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and Candida diet friendly options.
Oil-Free Black Bean Hummus With Veggies [Vegan]
- 3 14-ounce cans black beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup oven-baked carrot
- 2 cups oven-baked summer squash
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini (or less)
- A few pinches of Himalayan salt (if your beans come unsalted)
- Black pepper to taste
- A few handfuls of basil leaves
- A splash of water (if necessary)
- Throw all ingredients into blender or food processor and process until homogenous hummus forms. Scrape sides if necessary.
- Taste and add salt/pepper if necessary.
- Depending on how dry or wet your summer squash is and whether you are using a blender or food processor, you might need to add a bit of water.
If you can, bake the summer squash the day before as it gives time for the excess liquid to drain out of the vegetables. Black bean hummus is perfect to spread onto corn, buckwheat, or other crackers, whole grain bread, pita bread, or tortillas. Add it to your Buddha bowl for protein. Have some fresh cucumber slices and/or salad leaves on the side and you’ve got yourself a full meal. Take some hummus, add a bit of water, salt, and pepper and you’ve got yourself a hearty oil-free salad dressing.