So tasty, you won't believe it's oil-free, packed with clean ingredients and super-healthy!
Oil-free Banana Fig Muffins With Date-Coconut Drizzle [Vegan]
6 small cakes
- 1 cup dried figs
- Approximately 1 cup boiling water
- 3 large, very, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. stevia powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates (about 6), soaked, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup water (+ more for thinning if needed)
- 2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly oil a 6-cup mini-cake pan (or use a 12-cup muffin tin or a loaf pan).
- In a small bowl, soak the figs in enough boiling water to cover and let soak for about 30 minutes. Drain the figs and coarsely chop.
- In another small bowl, bananas, nut milk, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and stevia powder. Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined – then stir in the figs and nuts. Divide the batter among the mini-cake tins. Bake the cakes for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Divide date-coconut drizzle on the cakes and serve.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- You want a drizzlable consistency, so add water as necessary.
- Make this oil-free by omitting the coconut oil and using less water.
- The drizzle won’t firm up as much as it sits, but it will be just as tasty.