These light, fluffy and delicious oaty flapjack bar cookies feature chocolate, coconut, peanut butter, dates, apricots and a lot more deliciousness! The sweet and salty flavor of oats shines through in cookie form, making this a tasty and healthy treat.
Oaty Flapjack Cookies [Vegan]
- 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 ounces finely desiccated coconut
- 1 ounce vegan dark chocolate chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid in 1 can of chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sunflower or coconut oil
- 3/4 ounce dates chopped
- 3/4 ounce dried apricot chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, coconut, vegan chocolate, dried fruits, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar (using a handheld mixer ) until light and fluffy and loose peaks have formed.
- To the aquafaba meringue, add the peanut butter, oil, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Scoop chilled dough with a tablespoon and form into small discs. Place on baking sheet with about a fair gap in between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes.