Combining cookies and ice-cream….the person who decided that this should be a thing, is a genius! Simple, effortless and wow, what a treat they turn out to be. Chewy, thick, sweet, full of texture and packed with chunks of choc-chips.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 10 scoops dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 355°F fan-forced and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and arrowroot powder. Stir through the rolled oats and set aside.
- Cream the softened coconut oil in a stand mixer with the beater attachment on for 1 minute until smooth. If you do not own a stand mixer, you can do this all by hand using an electric beater.
- Add the coconut sugar and beat until creamy, about another minute. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until they are just combined. Do not over mix. Add the chocolate chips and fold through.
- Scoop a 2-tablespoon sized ball from the dough, roll into a ball, place on the baking tray and slightly flatten. Continue doing this until all the dough is gone. Place each roughly 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The edges should be golden and the center still soft. Remove from oven, cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream sandwiched between two cookies.
Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Serve with ice-cream when ready to eat.
- Chocolate Cookie