These vegan burgers with parsley potatoes are so tasty and easy to make and the tahini sauce complements them so well! They are also high in protein and iron. It's a great vegan dish for the whole family. Parsley potatoes are a typical Austrian side dish. Normally you would make them with butter but olive oil more than does the trick. Mix in freshly chopped parsley and you never want to taste normal potatoes.
Oat Burgers With Parsley Potatoes and Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Oat Burgers:
- 1 2/3 cups oats
- 2.6 ounces firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Parsley Potatoes:
- Cooked salad potatoes
- Generous amount of sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- Good amount of freshly chopped parsley
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Generous amount of salt (to taste)
- Cook salad potatoes (enough for 2-3 portions).
- To make the vegan oat burgers add all burger ingredients to a bowl and then mash it all together, first with a fork and then with your hands (maybe cut the tofu into cubes first, will make it easier to mash). Create burger shapes.
- Add a good amount of oil to a pan (the more oil the crispier they will be and the better they will taste). Cook until they are crispy on both sides.
- Put aside and then add some oil to another pan, add the salad potatoes, a generous amount of salt (potatoes need to be well seasoned) and then cook for a while until they are golden brown.
- In the meantime, chop of some fresh parsley.
- When the potatoes are golden brown mix in the chopped parsley and take off the heat.
- To make the tahini sauce add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Serve the vegan oat burgers with the parsley potatoes and drizzle the tahini sauce over the burgers.