These hearty blondies are full of oats and three (yes, three!) different types of nuts – almonds, pecans, and buttery macadamias. Add a little cinnamon and allspice, and you’ve got yourself a fall dessert that’s packed with chai deliciousness!
Nutty Maple Chai Oat Blondies [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line the bottom of an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper, greasing the rest of the pan.
- Combine almond milk, flaxseed meal, and vinegar in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, very finely chop your nuts. I used a food processor, but a mortar and pestle or knife would also work.
- Add oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, allspice, and cinnamon to the mixture.
- Stir in flour, oats, and nuts. The mixture should be very thick.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before slicing and serving.