This is an amazing thick milk that can be used for coffee, tea, or the base of homemade ice cream. By using less water and adding macadamia nuts to the mix it creates the perfect creamy milk. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Almond-Macadamia Nut Creamer [Raw, Vegan]
- 1 cup soaked raw organic almonds
- 3/4 cup soaked raw organic macadamia nuts
- 6 dates, pitted
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend the almonds, macadamia nuts, and dates with the water in a high-speed blender for two minutes, then strain.
- Pour the strained milk back into the blender with the vanilla, and salt.
- Blend until well combined, then pour into a glass container.
- Refrigerate to cool before serving. Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- This milk will keep in the refrigerator for four days.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!