Adding some sugar sprinkles and edible glitter on top just makes these Nougat Cinnamon Cupcakes even more decadent and festive. Despite the looks these cupcakes are actually super easy to make and take no time at all. The cupcakes themselves are ready in no more than 20 minutes and once the frosting has firmed up in the fridge you got yourself some delicious cupcakes!
Nougat Cinnamon Cupcakes [Vegan]
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
For the Nougat Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 cup Nougat Crisp, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (optional, depending on taste)
- First make the frosting. Place the Nougat Crisp chocolate into a small bowl over a water bath and melt it. In a separate bowl, place almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, powdered sugar and dairy-free butter. Use a hand mixer to combine. Once the chocolate has melted, pour it into the frosting mixture and mix until smooth. Place into the fridge for 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tin with paper baking cups.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the plant milk and the apple cider vinegar and let rest for 5 minutes (to turn into ‘buttermilk’). Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and combine.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a separate bowl. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and combine until you have a smooth batter (careful not to over mix).
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups until 2/3 full. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag and decorate each cupcake to your own liking. Add sprinkles, glitter or enjoy like this!