There's nothing more comforting than a big ole bowl of noodles smothered in a rich, creamy sauce. This Asian inspired dish does the trick over a bed of brown rice noodles, topped with cool cilantro, crisp mint and bright orange zest.
Noodles With Creamy Peanut and Orange Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 package of brown rice noodles
- 3 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- a handful of chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Bring water to a boil to cook the noodles.
- In a bowl, mix the ginger, garlic, orange juice, tamari, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, peanut butter and a pinch of salt. Mix well and test, adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Boil the noodles according to package directions, rinse to prevent sticking and cool them.
- Add the brussels sprouts, mix well.
- Add the sauce, mix well so that the sauce is well distributed.
- Finish it with mint, cilantro, orange zest and roasted peanuts in pieces.
Start by adding two tablespoons of rice vinegar, it depends on the acidity of orange juice if you need 3 tablespoons. Equally adjust salt and soy sauce, maybe you will need little bit more if the juice is too sweet.