This hazelnut cream pie is a stunner to look at and surprisingly easy to make! Hazelnuts and sticky dates make up the no-bake crust, which is then topped with a silky, hazelnut-chocolate-nougat cream. Taste or appearance, this pie is nothing short of mesmerizing.
Nocciolato Hazelnut Cream Pie [Vegan]
For the No-Bake Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups peeled hazelnuts
- 16 Medjool dates
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups peeled hazelnuts
- 1 cup vegan chocolate spread (omit hazelnuts from recipe)
- 3 ounces vegan nougat, shaved plus more for garnish
- 14-ounce package silken tofu
- To make the crust, combine hazelnuts and dates in a blender or food processor and blend until you have a dough-like texture. It doesn't have to stay completely together – it will once you press it into a crust.
- Prepare a 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper or a little oil. Put the hazelnut-date mixture into the springform and press it firmly onto the bottom.
- Back to the blender, combine hazelnuts, silken tofu, and vegan chocolate spread. Blend all until smooth. Now mix this in a bowl with shaved vegan nougat until you reached a smooth and creamy texture. Put the filling on top of the dough, and garnish with more vegan nougat. Put in freezer to chill, allow to soften a bit before enjoying.