With a base of dates and nuts, a smooth nutty filling topped off with homemade caramel sauce and chocolate...this is a dessert not to miss making! If you like anything nutty and sweet, you will love this! This recipe only contains natural sugars but will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Skip that snickers ice cream bar in the market and make these instead.
Snickers Cheesecake Squares [Vegan, Grain-Free, No-Bake]
For the Base:
- 14 tablespoons dates (pitted and soaked for 3 hours)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
For the Filling:
- 1 1/3 cups cashew nuts (soaked and drained)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 can coconut milk (cream only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 small lemon (juice only)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt
For the Toppings:
- Dark chocolate
- Homemade caramel
To Make the Base:
- Line a cake tin with grease-proof paper.
- De-seed/pit the dates and add them into a food processor/blender along with the peanuts and walnuts.
- Whizz up on high until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the lined cake tin and pop it into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Drain the cashew nuts and place them into a food processor/blender along with the maple syrup, coconut cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice, coconut oil, and salt.
- Whizz up on high for around 5-8 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the creamy cheesecake layer onto the base and pop the tray back into the freezer to set.
- Allow the cheesecake to set fully.
- This will take around 2-4 hours (you can leave it overnight).
- Serve with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce and or vegan chocolate.
Store in a sealed container in the freezer and defrost before serving.