This pumpkin tart has all the makings of a rustic no-bake treat. Its creamy pumpkin filling is flavored with maple syrup and then topped with candied pecans and cashews, all on a nutty, flourless crust.
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Tart With Candied Nut Topping [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/4 cups dates
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or sub mixture of cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, and ginger)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add crust ingredients to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Press mixture firmly into a pie dish and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Stir together filling ingredients in a mixing bowl, remove crust from freezer, and spoon filling mixture on top of crust.
- To prepare nuts, heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat, add the nuts and maple syrup, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and sprinkle nuts on top of tart.
- Refrigerate tart for at least an hour before slicing and serving.