These no bake energy bars are absolutely amazing! Are you an energy bar person? Do you spend heaps on store-bought bars? Well, time to change that now and try these beauties. Packed with oats, almonds, peanut butter, dates, and chia seeds, these no bake energy bars will keep you full and focused for hours. They're great after a workout or when you're in a rush and need a snack! You have to add these no bake energy bars to your to-do list. You won’t regret it!
World’s Best No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup roasted almonds (raw would work too)
- 1 and 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1/2 heaped cup cranberries
- 1 heaped tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon unsalted peanut butter (crunchy, preferably)
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarsely pulse the almonds. Add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Now, in a food processor, add dates, oats, 2 tablespoons water, and process until dates are broken down.
- Add cranberries and chia seeds to this mixture.
- In a saucepan, add peanut butter, agave, vanilla extract, and salt. Heat until they get a nice liquid consistency and pour over the mixture.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Transfer to a 8x8-inch baking tray lined with parchment paper, and press them real well. Even the surface out with the base of a flat cup.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours-preferably overnight.
- Cut and serve. Stays well for over a week in air-tight container (refrigerated).
Do not cut back on agave. If you think this is too sweet, you could cut dates down a bit, and keep agave the same :)