Wouldn't it be great if you could make a delicious melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cookie treat without ever having to turn on your oven? These paleo chocolate squares prove it's possible! The "shortbread cookie" layer is a combination of ground almonds, cashew nut butter, coconut, and a little coconut oil and agave to hold it all together. Yummy AND nutritious!
No-Bake Paleo Chocolate Shortbread Squares [Vegan]
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup dried coconut or desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cashew nut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup 100 percent chocolate/cacao liquor nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- In a food processor, blend ground almonds, dried coconut, cashew butter, sweetener, and salt until a bound consistency has formed (about 1-2 minutes).
- In a silicon mould or a greased dish, press down the mixture to form a flat base.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until solid.
- In a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water, melt your chocolate and coconut oil together, then add in your sweetener and stir in until fully dissolved.
- Now pour directly onto the shortbread base and place in freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to stand for about 15-20 minutes before using a sharp knife to slice squares and serve.
Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.