No-Bake Coconut Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup nut/seed butter
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- lemon juice of 1 medium lemon
- lemon zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons agar agar
- ground turmeric optional; for color
In a food processor, blend all the crust ingredients into a sand-like, slightly sticky mixture. Press into a 7-8 inch tart pan. Set in the fridge to chill.
In a pot on medium heat, combine the coconut milk & the other plant-based milk.
Bring to a simmer and stir well. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients, adjusting the amount of maple syrup and lemon juice to taste.
Remove the mixture from heat and continue whisking until well-combined.
Let the filling mixture cool for 7-8 minutes, and pour into the prepared tart crust. Place the tart in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before serving.