This recipe is for chocolatey no-bake hemp protein bars that are a great snack to grab on-the-go! These bars are packed with lots of good healthy fats, nutrients, energy, and a good dose of protein. They're good for those mid-morning cravings, or after a workout session. They're naturally sweetened and so much more satisfying than those store-bought bars.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Hemp Protein Bars [Vegan]
For the Bars:
- 16 Medjool dates.
- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
For the Topping:
- Shelled hemp
- Cacao nibs
- Raw cacao powder
- Pit and cut the dates in halves.
- Put all the ingredients (minus the toppings) in the bowl of your food processor and process until a smooth sticky ball of dough forms. You might need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough into a lined brownie dish and firmly press it down with a silicone spatula or a small cookie roller. Make sure the dough spreads evenly to the edges and it looks as smooth and flattened as possible so all the bars will have the same size.
- Sprinkle shelled hemps, cacao nibs, and raw cacao powder on top and gently press down again.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight before slicing.
- Divide into 8 big bars (you can make more or less bars depending on how big you want them) and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
You can also freeze the bars for up to three months if you don't plan to eat all of them in the following weeks. They taste good straight out from the freezer, but for the best flavor (only if you freeze them), allow them to rest at room temperature before eating.