Biting into these no-bake brownies with their creamy coconut layer will instantly transport you somewhere with the sun is and the sound of ocean waves are crashing in the background. They're that good. Not only does a bite into these decadent bars make you feel like you're in a tropical paradise, they are also made with three layers of wholesome ingredients; a brownie layer made from walnuts and dates, a creamy coconut layer, and a dark chocolate topping. Yum!
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Walnut Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brownie Base:
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
For the Coconut Layer:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
For the Topping:
- 1 cup vegan 70 percent dark chocolate
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend your walnuts, dates, cocoa powder, and salt together until it comes together in a thick dough. Should blend about 2-3 minutes.
- Using your hands, press the brownie layer into your pan until it is smooth and flat on top. Place the pan in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut and brown rice syrup until it is thoroughly mixed. Remove your pan from the refrigerator and press your coconut layer on top the brownie layer, using your hands or a spatula. Place the pan back in the refrigerator.
- Place your dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low heat until chocolate is melted. Make sure you check your chocolate every 30 seconds and give it a stir so it does not burn.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove your pan from the refrigerator and pour your chocolate layer on top. Place back in the refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.