These peanut butter jam doughnuts are absolutely delicious – rich, filling, and indulgent but made from relatively good ingredients, including oats, tiger nut flour, dates, nut butter, and maple syrup. The best thing about these? They can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, ready to devour at any time. ...But they'll probably disappear before that.
No-Bake Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter and Jam Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Doughnuts:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons tiger nut flour (grind tiger nuts into a flour)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, stoned
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Jam:
- 3 teaspoons no added sugar strawberry or raspberry jam
For the Chocolate:
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups cacao powder, sieved
- First make the doughnut mixture. Simply place all of the ingredients into a food processor and whizz up for at least 30 seconds until a soft dough forms.
- Line 4 doughnut holes in a tin with clingfilm. Now divide the mixture into four and press it into the ring of each one to reach the top, making sure to push it firmly together with your fingers. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and very carefully spoon a very thin layer of jam around the top of the ring of each one.
- Return to the refrigerator while you make the chocolate coating.
- Using a bain-marie (or heat-proof bowl sat over a pan of simmering water), gently melt the cacao butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup together.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the sieved cacao powder until you have a slightly thick glossy chocolate sauce.
- Remove the doughnuts from the clingfilm and place onto a board lined with greaseproof paper with plenty of space in between them.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon over the chocolate sauce evenly over the top of each doughnut, covering generously.
- Allow the chocolate to run down the sides and middle.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to fully firm up.
- These will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.