This vegan Bailey's cake, with its caramel layer and speculoos garnish, will without a doubt be the star of your next party!
No-Bake Caramel Bailey’s Cake [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups organic cashew nuts, soaked 2 hours
- 1/2 cup vegan Bailey’s
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup compacted organic dates, soaked in hot water for 20 min
- 1/4 cup date soaking water
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (ideally roasted)
- A little bit more Bailey's if the mix is too thick
- Vegan speculoos biscuits
- Rinse the nuts and discard the soaking water. Add the nuts to your blender, ideally high-powered, along with the Bailey's, the maple syrup and the liquid coconut oil. Mix well until you reach a very creamy consistency. Pour about 2/3 into an 8-inch springform.
- Add the dates, 1/4 cup of their soaking water, the almond butter and a splash of Bailey's to the blender and process into a creamy caramel. Pour into the springform.
- Top with speculoos cookies.
- Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Take out a few minutes before serving to soften.
If you prefer a more traditional raw crust, you could process about a cup of nuts with a cup of soft dates and add some spices. You could even crumble cookies and mix them with vegan butter.