There’s something about vibrantly colored desserts that just draw people in. ‘Unicorn’ creations are all the craze these days, and are what inspired this fun and vibrant dessert. These Neapolitan Almond Macaroons are decadent, filling, and easy to make! Plus the tri-color effect makes it perfect to serve at a party or to a crowd– it is definitely one made to impress.
Neapolitan Almond Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons frozen pitaya puree, defrosted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bar, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add in the almond flour, shredded coconut, oat flour, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla until well combined. It should hold together when squeezed.
- Remove 2/3 of the dough, then add in the pitaya puree. Process until well combined.
- In a ice scream scooper (size), fill the top 1/3 with the plain mix and press in tightly, then the next 1/3 with the pitaya mix, press in tightly, then fill the remainder of the scooper with the vanilla mixture until full. Be sure to pack press in tightly! You will need to wipe down or rinse the scooper for each macaroon to prevent mixing/maintain distinct separation of colors.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 21-23 mins
- Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before dipping into with chocolate. Once cooled, dip the bottom into the chocolate and completely cover the bottom vanilla layer.
- Refrigerate or freeze the macaroons until the chocolate sets, then enjoy!
Store the macaroons in the refrigerator to prevent the chocolate from melting.