The best way to make a good thing better is to turn it into a taco. In this recipe, tender mushrooms and jalapeño, are wrapped in a soft flour tortilla and topped with fresh cilantro. This recipe will also teach you how to master the art of preparing the tastiest mushrooms.
Mushroom and Garlic Tacos [Vegan]
- 4 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash and dry the mushrooms and then scoop out the insides before evenly slicing them.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Put the garlic, salt, and pepper. The mushrooms will begin to release their juices. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Let them cook for 5 -7 minutes before adding jalapeño.
- Let everything cook until the juice begins to evaporate from the pan, then remove from heat and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve.