As summer approaches, most people begin switching their hot cups of coffee for refreshing iced ones. As great as iced coffee is, it's kind of a bummer when the ice cubes melt and make your drink all watery. Well, great news! With these mocha coffee ice cubes, your watery coffee days are over! Simply make this chocolatey coffee, set it to freeze overnight, drop these magical cubes in your morning glass of almond milk and voila! Delicious iced coffee.
Mocha Ice Cubes for Chocolatey Coffee! [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- Zest from 1/2 of 1 orange (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee into a saucepan. Add the cocoa, coconut palm sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, and salt. Heat on medium heat until the sugar and cocoa are completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Before pouring it into the ice cubes, whisk the mixture just to make sure the cocoa is evenly dissolved.
- Pour the coffee mixture into a clean ice cube tray and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen, empty the cubes from the tray and store them in a resealable plastic freezer bag.
- When ready to serve, combine the cubes with non-dairy milk or cold water.