These miso kimchi nachos With cashew cheese are a great combination of that classic cheesy taste spiced up with some favorite fermented foods. The miso paste in the cheese sauce adds the perfect deep, salty undertone. The sour crunch of the kimchi alongside the freshness of the kale and yellow pepper is just totally awesome. You definitely want these nachos in your belly right now!
Miso Kimchi Nachos With Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- A TON of tortilla chips (corn if gluten-free, flour if not)
- 4 stalks of kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Approximately 1/2 cup kimchi, add more or less to taste
- Drain the water from the soaking cashews and add the cashews to a blender. Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt, and miso to the blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Set your oven to broil. Layer tortilla chips along the bottom of a large, heatproof baking dish.
- Sprinkle some of the diced yellow pepper and kale over the chips and drizzle on a generous amount of cashew cheese sauce. Repeat layering until your dish is filled to the top.
- Pile the rest of the kale and yellow pepper in the middle and drizzle even more cheese sauce over the whole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully. Remove from oven and add kimchi to the top of the nachos.
- Serve immediately, it is best hot! You should have extra cheese sauce left for dipping into, and extra kimchi for when you get to the bottom layer.
*Cashew Cheese Sauce is adapted from YumUniverse. This can easily be cooked in the BBQ if you do not want to turn on the oven!