Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. It may just change your mind about mushy peas.
Minty Mashed Peas [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- a splash of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- In a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the peas, zest and juice of the lemon and a splash of water.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Throw in the mint leaves and puree the peas with a hand blender (or other mashing utensil you have*).
- Season with salt and pepper.