Chocolate truffles. They melt in your mouth. Mint chocolate truffles add a layer of extra yum. But what about those who are dairy free or vegan? Trust me when I tell you… these vegan truffles will rival those with cream. They will leave you wanting more. And they fit in with your nutrition protocol.
Mint Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- One bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond creamer
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- One bag vegan white chocolate chips or melts
- All natural green food coloring
- Place bags of chocolate chips in a bag.
- In a small saucepan, heat creamer to just boiling.
- Pour cream over chocolate.
- Add peppermint essential oil.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- With spoons and your hands, form into one inch round balls and place on parchment paper.
- Place in fridge or freezer for a minimum of four hours to firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate melts at 50% power at 30 second increments until melted.
- Stir and add in green food coloring.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and let sit on the parchment paper on the fridge until firm.
- Save a little white chocolate to drizzle over top.