The classic dessert grasshopper pies have gotten a makeover! These little mint chocolate pies are bite-sized, making them perfect for a light dessert. They're no-bake, so they're also a great project for kids! Store these in the freezer and have them ready for warmer days when you're craving a unique, chilly dessert.
Mini No-Bake Grasshopper Pies [Vegan]
For the Mint Layer:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 drops organic peppermint essential oil
For the Chocolate Shell Layer:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1/4 cups raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
- Blend the mint layer together in a food processor or blender. Spoon into mini muffin cups, smooth the tops out evenly and place in freezer to chill.
- Whisk the chocolate layer together. Spoon the mixture the over chilled mint layer, return to the freezer, and allow to cool until solid. Store in the freezer.