This recipe makes 6 mini bundt-cakes but if you don’t have the proper pan to bake them this way you can make one large loaf (think banana bread but gingerspiced), or ~12 gingerbread cupcakes! To make the batter simply: mix, whisk, pour and bake. Who said baking had to be hard?
Mini Ginger-Spiced Bundt Cakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax to 6 tablespoons water)
- Mix together your flax egg and set aside to gelatinize.
- In a large bowl whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix together your wet ingredients.
- Add to the dry bowl your wet ingredients, the melted oil, and your flax egg.
- Stir to combine, whisk together to add additional air to the batter for leavening.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray or flour 6 mini bundt pans (if you don’t have bundt pans you can use one large loaf pan or 6 mini loaf pans / 12 cupcake tins / whatever you have).
- Distribute the batter evenly among the bundt pans ~ 1/2 cup per pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove immediately from the pan to cool on a cooling wrack for another 30 minutes.
- Top with your favourite icing, frosting, or powdered coconut sugar, enjoy!