Ever wanted pie for breakfast? Well, then this ginger-peach cobbler bread is a dream come true! This soft and fluffy ginger-spiced quinoa bread is studded with juicy diced peaches and then topped with a decadent coconut cream frosting. Yum!
Mini Ginger-Peach Cobbler Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
3 mini loaves
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium size peaches
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger powder
For the Coconut Cream Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
For the All-purpose Gluten-Free Flour:
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 1/8 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 1/8 cup white rice flour
- 3/8 cup cornstarch
- 3/8 cup potato starch
- 3/8 cup tapioca starch
- In a mixing bowl, add the lukewarm soy milk, yeast, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Stir the mixture briefly and let it stand at room temperature until creamy, approximately 10 minutes. This step will allow the yeast to proof.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix ground flaxseeds and water. Let it stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Add oil and vinegar. Stir briefly.
- Add water in the saucepan. Bring it to a rolling boil. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 1 minute and then quickly rinse with cold water. Remove the peeling. Dice one peach and cut the other one into slices.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Lightly spray three loaf pans with oil.
- In the third mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. If you want to make the homemade gluten-free flour mix all of the flours at the point. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula until just combined. Stir the diced peaches into the bread dough briefly. The bread dough should be very sticky at this point.
- Scoop the bread dough into the prepared loaf pans. Press down the dough with greased palm and then tap the loaf pan on the counter gently to ensure there are no gaps or air pocket in the batter. Spray the top of the dough with oil. Arrange peach slices on top of the dough. Cover the mini loaf pans with a piece of oiled plastic wrap.
- Turn off the oven. Place the loaf pans into the oven and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. At the end of rising process, the dough should have risen past the top of the pan.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Keep the loaf pan on the middle rack in the oven while the oven is preheating at 350°F. Bake for 50 minutes after the oven reaches 350°F.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 3 minutes until it can be removed from the pan easily. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack before slicing.
- Mix coconut milk and sugar in a bowl and drizzle on top of the peach cobbler bread before serving.