These are divine, and they are reppin' the world of desserts that don't include chocolate. The non-cocoa players need love too! What we've got is a gluten-free crust made with buckwheat groats and almonds. That's filled up with a creamy, decadent cream of coconut, cashews, sweet lemon juice and garnished with mint leaves, lemon zest and dried lavender flowers. AH, that sounds SO PRETTY when I type it out.
Meyer Lemon Coconut Cream Tarts With Mint and Lavender [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Meyer Lemon Coconut Cream Tarts With Mint and Lavender [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (if desired)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (preferably from Meyer lemons since they're sweeter)
- A few mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
How to Prepare Meyer Lemon Coconut Cream Tarts With Mint and Lavender [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- To make the crust: put the oats and almonds into a high speed blender and blend until it turns into a thick, slightly crumbly paste. If needed or desired, add a little maple syrup, then press into two tartlet molds or whatever shapes/molds you like. Put in the fridge.
- To make the lemon coconut cream: put the coconut and cashews into your high speed blender and blend until it turns into a thick paste/butter. Stir in a 1/4 cup lemon juice and the maple syrup until evenly combined (or blend it in). If you'd like more lemon flavour, add more lemon juice! I like mine quite tart - no pun intended, seriously - so I used a full 1/2 cup. Spread this mixture evenly into your crusts, then let them sit in the fridge overnight or for at least a couple hours so the flavours can get to know each other. Garnish with mint, basil, lemon zest, maple syrup or whatever else you like! Life is good!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.