Try this meaty protein-packed vegan beetroot burger for the times when only a burger will do. It's also perfect for BBQs and when you have your carnivore buddies around. The texture and color is very close to meat and it tastes amazing. It's all about the right seasoning to get the flavors right for this special treat.
Meaty Beet Burger With Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Meaty Beet Burger With Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 beet
- 0.8 pound frozen soy mince
- 3 teaspoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 small teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small glass of red wine (optional)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 large tomatoes
- Ketchup or tomato relish
- Buns or bread rolls
How to Prepare Meaty Beet Burger With Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- Finely chop up the onion and then finely grate the beetroot.
- Start frying the mince and chopped onion in a pan with some oil and then add all other ingredients and cook until the flavors develop nicely. It shouldn't be too moist as you will otherwise need more of the breadcrumbs and gram flour.
- Put the mixture into a large bowl and add the other ingredients from second step. Mix them together first with a wooden spoon and then with your hands until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Once you are done take a bit of the mixture, form a ball and then push it flat with the palm of your hand to create a burger shape. Make sure the burgers aren't too thick, as they would take too long to cook.
- Pour a generous amount of oil into a griddle pan and fry until they are crispy on both sides and thoroughly cooked on the inside.
- While they are frying in the pan put all cashew cheese ingredients into a small powerful blender and blend well until you get a smooth texture.
- Once the burgers are fried serve in a bun with a slice of tomato, salad, ketchup or relish, and the cashew cheese on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.