This recipe for vegetable meatloaf, although it requires time and its elaboration is a bit complicated, is a perfect recipe for parties and special occasions. You can choose any other garnish, for example, rice, pasta, salad or prepare sandwiches.
Meatloaf With Sweet Mustard Glaze [Vegan]
For vegetable meat:
- 1 cup of textured soy
- 4 medium white sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- a stream of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of pepper
For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade
- Cook the sweet potatoes according to your preferences: in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil for 40 minutes at 360ºF or stew them in boiling water until they are soft. Peel the cooked sweet potatoes and crush them.
- Wash the millet well in cold water and cook the millet in boiling water until it is soft for about 15-20 minutes.
- Soak the textured soy in a large bowl with the warm vegetable broth for 20 minutes. After the soaking time when almost all the broth has been absorbed, add the other ingredients to the bowl: the crushed sweet potato, the cooked millet, the cumin, the salt and the pepper. Mix everything well and place the mixture in the blender or a food processor. We crush until the dough is homogeneous, dense and manageable.
- We wrap the vegetable roll in several layers of transparent film. Heat a pot with plenty of water, bring to a boil and cook the roll for 30-40 minutes keeping the boil.
- To prepare the orange glaze, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- We preheat the oven to 360ºF. Remove the transparent film after cooking and place the vegetable roll on a baking tray lined with baking paper. We covered the vegan roll with half the glaze, painting it with a kitchen brush and baking it for 20-25 minutes. Halfway through the baking process, we re-brush the roll with the other half of the glaze.
- We cut the roll of sliced vegan meat and serve it.