This Matcha loaf cake has a compact and moist texture. It has a slight taste of Matcha, despite the 2 tablespoons. It is quite delicious, perfect for breakfast.
Matcha Loaf Cake [Vegan]
- 8-ounces all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-ounces unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1 medium banana, smashed
- 2-ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 4 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one loaf pan-- 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Matcha, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a big bowl, using a whisk, blend the butter with the banana. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the flax eggs. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and the almond milk, alternating the two until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface with a straight spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool.
Per Serving: Calories: 161 | Carbs: 27 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 54 mg | Sugar: 7 g