These dessert slices have a sweet and nutty crust that's topped with two flavors of creamy cheesecake filling. The first layer is refreshing and citrusy and the second pairs the flavors sweet kiwi with earthy matcha. The combination of creamy texture and zingy taste makes these cheesecake slices the perfect shareable summer dessert.
Matcha, Kiwi, and Lime Cheesecake Slices [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 10 Medjool dates
- A pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 kiwi
- 2 teaspoon matcha
For the Topping:
- 1 kiwi, sliced
To Make the Base:
- Pulse the almonds and walnuts in your food processor until you get a crumb-like consistency. Add in the dates and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to a medium-high edged baking tray lined with cling film. Press down firmly with your hands (don’t press the mix up the sides).
- Pop the tray in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Wash out your food processor or high-speed blender, then add the cashews then pulse until the cashews are super creamy. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add the lemon and lime juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and lemon zest. Pulse again until combined well.
- Remove the base from the freezer then top with half of the lemon mix. Return to the refrigerator to firm up.
- Add the kiwi and matcha to the remaining mix and pulse to combine.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and top with the kiwi and matcha mixture, spreading it out to the edges and smoothing the top.
- Return to the refrigerator for a few hours, then top with kiwi slices and cut into squares.